243 Amax 105

Elite Muzzleloader

I have a Remington 700 243 SPS Varmint with a 26" 1-9.125 twist. I've read that this rifle is hit or miss with the 105 Amax but wanted to give them a try since I couldn't get the Berger 95 Target VLD locally.

I'm just starting to set myself up for F Class Shooting and thought I'd try these. I'll slowly work myself up to complete custom build but for right now just want to see if I'll like it.

Does anyone have any load recommendation with this body and H4350?

Thanx in advance

Chad

I tried them in my Remington .243 1:9.125 twist and couldn't get them to stabilize at long range. They shot decent at 100 yards but shot a group the size of a car hood at 700 yards haha.

Good to know I kinda figured that would be an issue. I've read several people that have had good luck with them out of their stock rifles but wonder what they are doing to get them to shoot?

Thanks for the reply.

Good to know I kinda figured that would be an issue. I've read several people that have had good luck with them out of their stock rifles but wonder what they are doing to get them to shoot?

Thanks for the reply.

They probably are shooting at higher elevations to get them to stabilize. If you want a good LR bullet, check out the 95gr Berger Classic Hunter, has a .434 BC and can be driven fast.

If interested I have some 95 grain VLD hunting bullets for sale? Selling because they have a tendency to pencil though coyotes, 7 unopened boxes.

They probably are shooting at higher elevations to get them to stabilize. If you want a good LR bullet, check out the 95gr Berger Classic Hunter, has a .434 BC and can be driven fast.

I could have got those today as well but wanted the target 95 VLD. Eventually I'll get the Berger just hoping I could get them locally.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.