224 Terminator

B23

224T pic4.jpg
Just picked this build up from Shawn at Defensive Edge Rifles last week. I think it's going to make for a great, any range, coyote/rockchuck/PD slayer.

I believe this is the first 224 Terminator they've built and not only does it look like it's going to shoot pretty well, but ballistically speaking, it shoots pretty darn flat too. I'll try and get a pic of the overall build a little later but it's nothing to overly fancy and is pretty much like my other Rem 700 based semi customs.
224 Terminator target.png

Last edited:
Why did they build a load with RL 26? That stuff is in "Ghost Status". You would have better luck going out and finding a sasquatch this afternoon.

Why did they build a load with RL 26? That stuff is in "Ghost Status". You would have better luck going out and finding a sasquatch this afternoon.

Ha! That's pretty funny stuff, unfortunately, it's also very true, too.

With RL26 being "the" powder in quite a few of the different guns I have, not trying to pizz anyone off, but I jumped on this stuff like a rat on a cheeto when it was still somewhat available so I've actually got a fairly decent supply of it. o_O

So what is the 224 terminator based off? almost looks like a 22-243 with an improved shoulder similar to a 22-243 middlestead. I was getting 3500 with 80s in my 22-243 with an easy load of h1000. Its a coyote zapping machine!

Xdeano

So what is the 224 terminator based off? almost looks like a 22-243 with an improved shoulder similar to a 22-243 middlestead. I was getting 3500 with 80s in my 22-243 with an easy load of h1000. Its a coyote zapping machine!

Xdeano
It's their version of a 22-243 Improved. Other than it uses the 243 as it's parent case, I do not know the case dimensions.

One of the things that made this particular version of 22-243 appealing to me was I can buy formed Lapua brass that is ready to go from Defensive Edge and they make their own dies for this which makes for a nice complete package deal.