Speeding up the 224 heavies?

I'm ok with the KISS method. I already spend enough time at the reloading bench. :)
What velocities are you getting with the 88 ELDm.
Heck I would even consider a factory riffle in 22 creed if there is a good one that chambers the heavies!
3250 with h4350 and zero pressure signs, could probably push harder but it's so accurate and reliable I havent messed with it
Rl26 is quicker

I don't understand how speed is related to breaking triggers? I purchased a new trigger tech "diamond" for my first 6mm Dasher but have not assembled it yet. Please explain Aoudad, I'm all ears.

I'm ok with the KISS method. I already spend enough time at the reloading bench. :)
What velocities are you getting with the 88 ELDm.
Heck I would even consider a factory riffle in 22 creed if there is a good one that chambers the heavies
Savage 22 creed build. 24 " criterion 1-7 barrel. Shoots 88eld at 3200 with 4831sc with a 15 ES , nuthin too spectacular. Can get faster with rl 26 and h4350 for sure .

My 88s are staying together so far but guys are having issues blowing them up in the 7 twist...maybe with longer barrels and faster loads. It seems that 7 twist has them spinning right in the edge. I would go with an 8 twist unless the gun was devoted to shooting the 95s.

My 88s are staying together so far but guys are having issues blowing them up in the 7 twist...maybe with longer barrels and faster loads. It seems that 7 twist has them spinning right in the edge. I would go with an 8 twist unless the gun was devoted to shooting the 95s.
How many bullets down your 7-twist bore. I'll begin shooting a 7-twist Brux in 22 Creed soon. Hoping for the best...
Some think H1000 increases bore life. Because some folks are blowing bullets with 7-twists barrels, I may operate at less than maximum potential MVs. Also planning on starting with the 88gr ELDMs. So thanks for sharing.

How many bullets down your 7-twist bore. I'll begin shooting a 7-twist Brux in 22 Creed soon. Hoping for the best...
Some think H1000 increases bore life. Because some folks are blowing bullets with 7-twists barrels, I may operate at less than maximum potential MVs. Also planning on starting with the 88gr ELDMs. So thanks for sharing.
I think I'm only at 160 rounds. Yeah I've heard that h1000 runs cool. It may also run slow velocities but that may be a good thing. I recall a thread where a guy was running 7828ssc at good speeds and blowing up 88s. When he switched to 4350 or something then it stopped doing it even tho velocities were the same. Maybe a spikier pressure or dirty or? Hard to say.

He's loading too hot and piercing primers.. High pressure gas flows through the pierced primer and wrecks the trigger components.. Obviously blowing primers is NOT something you want to do.. Playing with fire..

I think I'm only at 160 rounds. Yeah I've heard that h1000 runs cool. It may also run slow velocities but that may be a good thing. I recall a thread where a guy was running 7828ssc at good speeds and blowing up 88s. When he switched to 4350 or something then it stopped doing it even tho velocities were the same. Maybe a spikier pressure or dirty or? Hard to say.
Right. Less than peak velocity may be mandatory with my 7-twist barrel. It seems there's no good way around the Catch-22 of the fast twist rates required to shoot the currently available high BC 88-95gr lead core jacketed bullets, and the resulting damage caused by the high resultant bullet RPMs. Maybe the bullet manufacturers will increase the thickness of their jackets? I'm not holding my breath...
Other than that, it's slow them down and give up MV and its down-range advantages, shoot lathe-turned copper monolithics..., or give up and re-barrel to maybe a 6mm Creed and shoot the heavy 6mm bullets.

WHAT THIS GUY SAID!!!!
Hmmm... I don't follow. Sometimes I require assistance on what's obvious to others.

My rifle is chambered in 22 Creedmoor with a 26" 7-twist Brux barrel. But haven't shot it yet.

Was your post intended for another member?

Well ..when I shoot my barrel out I'll probably try an 8 twist. Sounds like most report zero issues shooting 88 elds, 80.5 and 85.5 Berger's type bullets. Fully stable and no blow ups and can run em harder. 7 is just faster than I need at this point.

I've also read of 7.5 twists stabilizing the 90-95 gr bullets. A little less stress placed on the bullets. Maybe an another option.
I guess those 90-95gr bullets are currently intended for lesser capacity cartridges, with lower MVs.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.