220 SWIFT: Goin' to 'dog town with Dad

Discussion in 'Varmint Hunting' started by wildcat455, Sep 9, 2018.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Gary in MD

Gary in MD Active Member

Yes, we are basically in the same age situation with out fathers.
    When that day comes when they can’t go anymore, it just won’t be the same.
    Enjoy every single minute when you get the chance to get out there with him and I’ll do the same.
    Good luck and good shooting,
    Gary

jjmp likes this.
  2. Bernie Crump

Bernie Crump Member

Sounds good

3. lefty222

lefty222 Member

l almost bought a 220 swift back 1975 just to shoot but never did had friends that bought them, in 1976 got interested in chuck hunting but bought a Savage 112V single shoot but in a 22-250 That rifle is in my avatar.
    My father never hunted l picked up hunting form from friends reading stories, grew up in the city.
    Don't hunt as much, but l do a lot of bench rest shooting.

jjmp likes this.
  4. remy3424

remy3424 New Member

Great thread! I have no 220s, only take small primer 20 & 22s to the grass plains now, along with my 82 year old father. I do think he enjoys it ALMOST as much as I do. He is all reloaded within a couple weeks of returning....I still need to get reloaded for 3 of the 4 rifles I took last year. Great memories with dad and friends in South Dakota. I need to start taking more photos.

jjmp and wildcat455 like this.
  5. wildcat455

wildcat455 Well-Known Member

I’m going to try taking Dad to Utah for Elk this year. We are going to go up there the weekend of the 26th to take a look around. Pretty much the start of allot of scouting around. Also the start of more memory making out hunting with him. I don’t think I’ve got another year to wait on this state getting drawn.

Still have a plan to make it to Dog Town with him and our 220 Swift’s this year too.

jjmp likes this.
  6. Gary in MD

Gary in MD Active Member

Well, I just dumped some IMR 4064 into a bunch of trimmed and resized Swift cases. Seated some lovely 55 grain Sierra Blitz Kings and ready to zero the Cooper on the next nice day.
    Going to give the ground hogs another month for the young to be old enjoy to get self sufficient from their mother and then open the season. The foxes will be coming around after the wife’s chickens about the same time....they’ll take a beating from the Ole Swift also.
    Gary

kiwikid, wildcat455 and jjmp like this.