.220 Redline (22 Saum)

TXAoudadKlr

Came across this write up on a 22SAUM and thought it was interesting to say the least. It will cook barrels but I bet with as much capacity as it has you could run some slower powders to tame it down and run at lower pressures with outstanding velocities

Thought about some other applications out side of using it as a coyote/varmint. Be a great antelope/deer round too with in reason and paired with a TTSX would easily bore a hole through a hog. Looking at some rough numbers running an 80gr ELD at 3700 shows a little over 4moa of drop to 500 with a 100 yard zero. Granted I speculate that might be conservative who knows, I'm very interested to see what the final performance numbers are.

http://coyotestuff.com/the-220-redline-aka-22-saum-part-1/

I saw that same article on the Redline and was thinking it looked like fun. I figured a no taper 28-30" barrel blank would be a good start, set it back every 1,000-1,500 rounds as needed, and you have a usable barrel for quite a while out of one blank. I'm not going to invest in the reamer and gauges unless I can get at least one buddy interested, too.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts