22 Nosler

Buffalobwana

Because I don't already have enough calibers to load and shoot, I decided to buy a 16" AR, Noveske, 22 Nosler barrel (1:7 twist), 200 rounds Nosler 53 gr and 200 pieces of brass.

I have plenty of different.22 cal bullets, so I'm ok on that, but I'm curious who loads this, what bullet/powder is "optimal" (that's subjective, and relative to use, of course). And, has anyone tried any of the Hammers in this round?

I know 16" is a little short to reap the benefits of the Nosler case, but this gun will have a .223 cal Saker or an Omega 30 cal and I'm going to be using it to hunt with, so I'd like it to manageable in the bush.

Bolt gun, 28", I use CFE223. 60's are as heavy as I run. And I am going to use my 300 Paladin can on it, I refuse to give any speed. Everything shot off a bench of some sort.

I've been loading it using varget and 55 vmax. Running a fairly mild load through an 18" barrel around 3100 fps. For reference Noslers factory 55BT load is 3330 through this barrel.

I have a 22 cal wildcat on the 6.8 SPC case, basically replicates the 22 Nosler but without the rebated rim. Only have used CFE 223 so far and it definitely gives great velocity, Sierra 60 TMK at 3400 fps are nasty medicine on coyotes but I also want to try some Hammers in it next. I also got a few lbs of 4166 to try at some point to see if it's any more temp stable than the CFE.