22 Creedmoor load data 224 63gr AH

mark5868

Looking for a starting load for 224 63gr Absolute Hammers.

Was wondering if I could just use Barnes or Hornadys GMX load data as a starting reference.

Thanks

I would start there, then work up. I haven't shot anything that light out of my 22. I would try something like h4350 then go faster if it doesn't perform. I would assume the H4350 will give you what you want with the lighter bullet. I use RL26 in mine but the AH might not like the slower powder.

Maybe Varget for the lighter bullets?

My barrel is 26" 8 twist. With an all copper bullet like the 63gr AH I dont need to worry about spinning them apart, true or no?

Varget would be a good starting point, but be prepared to go with something faster burning. You will know when it's time to go to a faster powder when you run out of case capacity before reaching pressure or velocity expectations.

I do not believe you can over spin a hammer. I run them above 370,000 rpm without issue.

Maybe Varget for the lighter bullets?

My barrel is 26" 8 twist. With an all copper bullet like the 63gr AH I dont need to worry about spinning them apart, true or no?
The 22 creed is very overbore. I would start with h4350. I don't think you will fill the case, then go faster from there.