22 cal hammer bullet

laker

Anyone running hammers in a 22 cal for coyotes. I've got a tikka 22-250 8" twist and trying to decide what bullet I want to run and not destroy hides. What size exits are you seeing?

52 Hammer Hunter or 51 Absolute Hammer if you've got time and components to experiment with powders.

This is actually my fall build. I've had a friend giving me his once shot 22-250 brass for over 3 years. Gonna build mine specifically around 69 Absolute Hammer worn 1:8TR.

Good luck.

Laker, no experience as of yet but in my 84M with the Lija contour 8 T on it it positively shoots balls out with the Hammer 70 and there 52!

Other than a pigeon (which it was adequate on:)....no fur experience yet. Perhaps about Sept 15th I'll nuke a big bruin with it...grins

Hope all's well your way

Adam when you're getting hides that are destroyed are you hitting major bones (IE:shoulder, spine and or on a frontal shot the breast bone)?

Or is this just on rib to rib shots?

Adam when you're getting hides that are destroyed are you hitting major bones (IE:shoulder, spine and or on a frontal shot the breast bone)?

Or is this just on rib to rib shots?

Shot wherever.

That was also out of a 22-243 at about 3600 fps.

Interesting, I'd think on rib shots they wouldn't tear them up much. So much for my thinking eh:)

have you shot quite a few yotes with that load?

Interesting, I'd think on rib shots they wouldn't tear them up much. So much for my thinking eh:)

have you shot quite a few yotes with that load?

No. Only a few. I traded that rifle off. I don't keep hides out here so it wasn't really an issue.

wowsa that's crazy, never seen anything like that from a 22 CF on yotes, especially on soft tissue.

With my 6/06 and 70 NBT's when I hit major bones we'd seen something like that. But never on soft tissue