.204 hammer bullets

700Sendero

Planning on building a 20 practical when I get back in the states next summer for a calling gun. Wondering if anyone has any experience with the 39gr hammer hunter in a 10 twist? I know it will be right in the edge for FULL stability, but might work well? Also any insight on fur damage on, say, bobcats? Trying to figure out a good bullet for coyotes and bobcats both. I know the hammer bullets are spoken highly of on the big game side, but not much info on the small stuff. Any info would be much appreciated!

Bucklowery

Maybe Steve will confirm but I am thinking the hammer is going to create two holes. I am sure the guys prefer to only see up one hole if possible. The Vmax Bullets have worked good for me so far but I don’t shoot many cats

Thanks
Buck

Reemty J

LRH Team Member
I see Hammer has a 31 grainer in 20 cal........for a 1-12 twist any experience with them, anyone?

matt_3479

I’m curious as well. Have a -1:11 twist 20 tac and a new 1:10 twist barrel showing up shortly for another 20 tac. Plan was to run the 35gr Berger for fur friendly

Reemty J

LRH Team Member
buck lowery does that mean your out here hunting?? I thought we closed the borders to ruffians? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: 🤣

COhntr

I'm curious as well, have a browning .204 with a 12 twist and was considering trying some of their bullets.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.