22-250 Sierra MK for Varmints

You guys might think I am daft but I use a 1/2 inch bit in the guard screws and full-length bed the whole action and the shank of the barrel. I put tape on the bottom of the barrel so only the sides of the barrel are a tight fit. Stuff the guard screw holes full of glass. I do this with all actions. How can you get more perfect? I don,t know. You sure can.t compress the glass pillars. Why go to all of the work of aluminum pillars? I guess if it makes you feel warm inside. I use piloted bits from grizzly.If you use a regular metal bit it will create so much pull you may split the stock.

I am glad that you found a bedding method that suits your skill level and available tooling, meets your performance objectives, AND makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside...

Sounds like every powder of note has been suggested that will home in on accuracy for you. I stay away from rifle suggestions on guns I neither own nor work on. Looks like you have gotten info on that as well. I've used SMK bullets for groundhog size varmints with no problems but our coyotes up north here run as heavy as 70-80lbs and I would use a hornady v-max or sierra blitz king on the coyotes unless pelt value is somehow important. Sounds like your gun is already shooting well so enjoy your 22-250!

They do tend to erode throats pretty quick if you hot rod em like I do : )

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.