215 Bergers in Bergara Premier HMR Pro 300 Win Mag

BIG_LT

I'm looking at getting a Bergara Premier HMR Pro in 300 Win Mag. I don't reload, but have a good friend that is going to help me get started and develop a load. Everything I've read points to the 215 Berger hybrid being a good all around bullet and would like to start with it. Looking for anyone that has the rifle and have loaded the 215's in it and can tell me if the loaded length you ended up with will fit in the mag.

Use H1000 for the powder and start at around 72 grains and work your way up. H1000 is the go to powder for the combo that you are wanting to use.

Thanks for the load info.

Do you have any info on a loaded overall length cartridge fitting in the magazine of this rifle? That's my main concern before purchasing the rifle.

No sir I don't. I actually have a Bergara ridge in 300 win mag. But I single feed it so I can seat the bullet out farther.

That's what I want to avoid is having to single feed and be able to use the magazine.
What did your COAL end up being?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.