Bergara HMR PRO ( Premier ) and small primers

Recarga22

Hello

I'm new to the forum.

I recently purchase a Bergara HMR PRO in 6.5 Creedmoor.
Im a little puzzled, got some Lapua with the small primer pockets. Using CCI 450's out of 50 shots I got 6 that didn't go off.

I'm what you'll call semi experienced reloading so not new butI've never experienced this before.
My first step was to blame the primers so I pulled off and did the hammer test all went off.

Next I blamed the new brass because even though I resized them they were still about.003" of headspace.

I loaded the ones that didn't fire with Rem 71/2 's and they fired

so I then thought that the problem was going to go away after using my already fire form brass in which it did but yesterday I got two rounds that didn't go off.

does anyone know of a known problem with this combination of small primers

I have email Bergara but they didn't wanted to recommend any primers because of warranty issues.

so far my Hornady large primer pocket all have shot just fine but I'm not getting my almost 1/4" MOA groups.

Best guess is your large rifle firing pin isn't striking the primer and deforming it enough. Best solution is probably using the Rem 7-1/2 or changing the firing pin out and-having the bolt bushed.

I have a Bergara Approach in 6mm CM. I experienced something similar, but only 2 or 3 rounds didn't fire. I took the bolt apart, no tools required, did a thorough cleaning, and the problem seems to have gone away. I use Magnum primers with SR primers.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.