210 VS 215 Berger Question

What experience is that?

Cheers.

Nothing more then direct experience with the 300prc, above mentioned powder, case capacity experience with that powder, and he even offered what jump has worked well for him.

Not sure what your hostility is about. Once again if you have something meaningful to contribute to the OP please help him...otherwise quit derailing his thread.

Nothing more then direct experience with the 300prc, above mentioned powder, case capacity experience with that powder, and he even offered what jump has worked well for him.

Not sure what your hostility is about. Once again if you have something meaningful to contribute to the OP please help him...otherwise quit derailing his thread.
I have no hostility towards anyone, as to derailing this thread, asking a question as to why someone would point out if a powder was compressed and how that made a difference is a legitimate issue to ascertain.

Cheers.

Good Morning. I have a Seekins PH2 chambered in a 300 PRC and thought i had a decent load developed with the 215's. I was shooting them over N570 (82.5) and getting 2945 FPS. I recently went back to the range to tweak them and the groups were all over the place. The ES and SD were still low but not sure what caused the issues. I then had some 210's left over from my 300 WM and tried them. Berger suggested with H1000 to start at 81 and go up to 85.7. I loaded up 9 rounds at .5 increases and shot over a chrono. 81 already showed 3011fps and I stopped at 84.5 (Ejector Mark) and it was up to 3156fps. Am I wrong thinking this is crazy fast for that bullet? I did find a plateau in speeds from 82-83. Is anybody else shooting the 210's with H1000 in a PRC?
Find the best compromise of your load (pressure, velocity, and group) and go for it.

Were the 215s shooting well with virgin cases or fireformed?

If you are on the edge of pressure with virgin cases, you may be overpressure with fireformed.

I have had good virgin loads and the tried reloading and neck tension (even though measured same as virgin cases) was causing issues. Lapua cases using Redding bushing dies.

Load a fireformed case as normal. Once seated, try and push the bullet in a fireformed case with bare hands. This was my issue. Not getting enough neck tension on the fired cases when sizing.
Fire formed brass almost Always expands, thus lowering the pressure not increasing it. The brass is expanding making more room thus dropping pressure. If you load development is using new brass you get the Velocity and then have to measure case volume of once fired and use QL to figure out how much powder is needed to duplicate the Velocity.

For example my Warbord uses .4 grains more in once fired brass after resizing.

Good Morning. I have a Seekins PH2 chambered in a 300 PRC and thought i had a decent load developed with the 215's. I was shooting them over N570 (82.5) and getting 2945 FPS. I recently went back to the range to tweak them and the groups were all over the place. The ES and SD were still low but not sure what caused the issues. I then had some 210's left over from my 300 WM and tried them. Berger suggested with H1000 to start at 81 and go up to 85.7. I loaded up 9 rounds at .5 increases and shot over a chrono. 81 already showed 3011fps and I stopped at 84.5 (Ejector Mark) and it was up to 3156fps. Am I wrong thinking this is crazy fast for that bullet? I did find a plateau in speeds from 82-83. Is anybody else shooting the 210's with H1000 in a PRC?
Something ain't right. I would think that would be over pressured.

Fire formed brass almost Always expands, thus lowering the pressure not increasing it. The brass is expanding making more room thus dropping pressure. If you load development is using new brass you get the Velocity and then have to measure case volume of once fired and use QL to figure out how much powder is needed to duplicate the Velocity.

For example my Warbord uses .4 grains more in once fired brass after resizing.

I have always found the opposite.

Virgin cases will mask pressure if you are at max because they are not fully formed and pressure expanding to match the chamber as well as propelling the bullet. If you run the same load, it uses all the pressure to propel the bullet and doesn't bleed into the expansion.

Does your Warbird have production brass or are you completely making a fireformed case/blowing it out. IE 300 RUM to 338 Edge, vs using production Edge brass, 270 win to 300 Sherman. I could see where you blowing the case out to meet those dimensions because it is creating a significant amount of case capacity. Not so much with say 300 WM to 300 WM. Just my experience.

I think we are kind of saying the same thing. Bottom line, virgin to fireformed may/will have different pressure/velocity.

You shoot out at Pala?

Last edited:

Recent Posts