federal 215 vs fed 210

red dawg

Hey guys, I thought I had a load with 66 grns of h 1000 168 berger vld and 215 federal primer in my 7mm rm, I developed in march of 2015 till I went to the range today with same charge,same bullet ,and federal 210"s and group was .245 instead of .545 like it was in march, 3 shots then and same today , but 85 degrees 75 percent humidity and off and on rain. In march it was sunny and 65 degrees and 45 percent humidity. Should I shoot these 2 loads this fall , and compare both primers again later or stick to what worked in higher temp and humidity's?

Thanks 06, I thought that I would test both in cooler temps, I wondered if 215's might create more pressure especially in warmer temps

Thanks 06, I thought that I would test both in cooler temps, I wondered if 215's might create more pressure especially in warmer temps
They could, I have seen them give more pressure and i have seen them have make no difference. If you worked up your load with 215's in hot weather, then your fine. But having magnum charges and 210's could have ignition problems in cold weather. There is some guys getting better accuracy with 210's in .300 Weatherby so don't rule it out....

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.