2023 season over before it started.

Jwp2578

I just returned from an unsuccessful Wyoming mule deer hunt that had me feeling pretty down. Hadn't had any whitetail bucks on camera at home either so I wasn't to pumped about the season. Opening day I got out to a pasture that I hunt about 15 minutes before sundown, had the wife and two kids with me as we had just finished feeding cows. I really figured I'd set a tripod up so I didn't have to set it up in the dark the next morning and that the kids would scare anything away as I don't use a blind just sit on the ground in a wide open pasture. I throw some cow feed out a little off the tree line about 330 yards away so if you stay fairly still nothing pays much attention. We got set up and not 10 minutes later a buck that I'd only seen from other people sending me pics jumped over the fence. 320 yards dropped and never took a step. Season over 2023 turned out way better than expected. Trail cam pic someone sent from 4 miles down river.

Attachments

• IMG_6939.jpeg
    IMG_6939.jpeg
    99.8 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_4702.jpeg
    IMG_4702.jpeg
    358.1 KB · Views: 157
I'm not sure what he weighs They typically don't get that big around here, quite a few people hunt the south side of the river. Most don't get the chance to mature.

I just returned from an unsuccessful Wyoming mule deer hunt that had me feeling pretty down. Hadn't had any whitetail bucks on camera at home either so I wasn't to pumped about the season. Opening day I got out to a pasture that I hunt about 15 minutes before sundown, had the wife and two kids with me as we had just finished feeding cows. I really figured I'd set a tripod up so I didn't have to set it up in the dark the next morning and that the kids would scare anything away as I don't use a blind just sit on the ground in a wide open pasture. I throw some cow feed out a little off the tree line about 330 yards away so if you stay fairly still nothing pays much attention. We got set up and not 10 minutes later a buck that I'd only seen from other people sending me pics jumped over the fence. 320 yards dropped and never took a step. Season over 2023 turned out way better than expected. Trail cam pic someone sent from 4 miles down river.
What a fantastic Buck !! Congratulations.
You put a tape on that trophy yet ?