2022 Sheep Hunts

Chadp82

Colorado's draw for sheep and goat just happened. No dice here. I had RM Bighorn two years ago, so now going after desert sheep which is a 100% lottery system in Colorado.

Not sure on the draw schedule for other states, but curious if anyone had the lucky ticket this year :)

Can't wait to see some pictures this fall!

I've got 30 points going into the AZ sheep draw this year. My draw odds are still less than 1% for the medium tier units. I am moving up to 5%-7% in the least desirble units. Near as I can tell, I will be too old to go once I get drawn for a mid-tier unit. Welcome to my life. Ha!

I've got 30 points going into the AZ sheep draw this year. My draw odds are still less than 1% for the medium tier units. I am moving up to 5%-7% in the least desirble units. Near as I can tell, I will be too old to go once I get drawn for a mid-tier unit. Welcome to my life. Ha!
Don't give up! I've drawn both of Arizona's Sheep tags, Desert and Rocky as well as a NR Colorado tag in the San Juan's above Pagosa. All are on the wall along with an Alaskan Dall's. Not everything works out. I've hunted Stone's twice near Toad river BC for 28 days total and never saw a legal ram. That still hurts!!! JM

Ouch JM,
I also had to go on a second Stone hunt to finish my slam, but fortunately, for me, I was able to find an old dark ram and finish.
Getting all four requires lots of luck and $$$$. But you have to start with one and it's usually a lucky draw tag!

Colorado's draw for sheep and goat just happened. No dice here. I had RM Bighorn two years ago, so now going after desert sheep which is a 100% lottery system in Colorado.

Not sure on the draw schedule for other states, but curious if anyone had the lucky ticket this year :)

Can't wait to see some pictures this fall!

I know one of the lucky Desert BHS draw recipients from NM this year. That's my only claim to fame.

A friend and I are booking an Oufad hunt in West Texas this year, using all the refunded money from our unsuccessful bids. Just making Lemonade I guess.