2022 AZ ELK Draw

The only way people know they've drawn at this point is because credit cards or debit cards have been charged. The photo attached is a friend of mine that drew unit 10 last year, Archery Rut 2 bonus points. He drew it again this year but with a total of 4 people on the tag and all had 2 bonus point average. He only put in for unit 10 Rut Archery, so no guessing. I told him to go buy a powerball ticket and hung up on him!! Lol

Last edited:
The only way people know they've drawn at this point is because credit cards or debit cards have been charged. The photo attached is a friend of mine that drew unit 10 last year, Archery Rut 2 bonus points. He drew it again this year but with a total of 4 people on the tag and all had 2 bonus point average. He only put in for unit 10 Rut Archery, so no guessing. I told him to go buy a powerball ticket and hung up on him!! Lol

View attachment 445535

Now that is what you call luck!

Don't give up, my card just got hit this evening. This is the first time my card has been hit this long after they start charging cards. usually if I don't get a hit by 10:00 am the first day no tag. Good luck to all. I know how bummed I felt for the last day and a half thinking it would be next year before I could have a chance to hunt elk again. I hate that feeling.

Don't give up, my card just got hit this evening. This is the first time my card has been hit this long after they start charging cards. usually if I don't get a hit by 10:00 am the first day no tag. Good luck to all. I know how bummed I felt for the last day and a half thinking it would be next year before I could have a chance to hunt elk again. I hate that feeling.
Three years ago my card got hit for a Late Kaibab 5 days from when they started. I am assuming three of the days was my bank. Could be others did not have the funds available.

Three years ago my card got hit for a Late Kaibab 5 days from when they started. I am assuming three of the days was my bank. Could be others did not have the funds available.
Yes, some that drew tags were later deemed to be not qualified for myriad reasons including funding problems. It's not a common thing to get the tag in that manner, but sometimes it happens.

My card was hit yesterday evening for elk, I found out today my nephews card was also hit around the same time. His girl friends card was hit today/Thursday. A family friend talked to a game warden and was told that the actual draw only takes/took about 4 hours, and then they start running cards. I always assumed that the first and second choice were processed as they went through the draw process and the 3rd 4th and 5th choice hunt were processed. But the game official told my friend that is not the case and used the term blocks in referring to the drawn applicants and said there was no way of knowing if it was in the 1st and 2nd choice or 3rd 4th 5th choice that made up the block of applicants to have their card processed. If any of the 3 of us that had a cards hit in the last 2 days draw a 1st or 2nd choice, it would validate what the warden said. Other than the 3 of use getting card hits the rest is hearsay. But it gives me hope. COME ON ANTELOPE TAG!!! The warden also said if they are done hitting card on or by friday that they will put the results in and we will be able to see the hunts we drew. Fingers Crossed

My card was hit yesterday evening for elk, I found out today my nephews card was also hit around the same time. His girl friends card was hit today/Thursday. A family friend talked to a game warden and was told that the actual draw only takes/took about 4 hours, and then they start running cards. I always assumed that the first and second choice were processed as they went through the draw process and the 3rd 4th and 5th choice hunt were processed. But the game official told my friend that is not the case and used the term blocks in referring to the drawn applicants and said there was no way of knowing if it was in the 1st and 2nd choice or 3rd 4th 5th choice that made up the block of applicants to have their card processed. If any of the 3 of us that had a cards hit in the last 2 days draw a 1st or 2nd choice, it would validate what the warden said. Other than the 3 of use getting card hits the rest is hearsay. But it gives me hope. COME ON ANTELOPE TAG!!! The warden also said if they are done hitting card on or by friday that they will put the results in and we will be able to see the hunts we drew. Fingers Crossed
Easy to know if you got a goat tag. It's $90 vs $160 on your card notification. I got a goat tag in unit 10 in 2021. Knew it in when I saw the charge for $90.

Nothing again
It's a broken system
What use to work no longer works.
This is a business and it needs continuous revenue to feed it. Kids and young hunters are not going to participate as a whole if this is what they experience. Having to be a PHD in state hunting application processes and a math wiz for formula percentages of probable success is not a desirable game for most youth to endure.
Watched a webinar last night about points and each state's system.
The statement at one point was " think of putting in for a state draw like putting in for a raffle at a conservation banquet. You know your most likely not going to win. Your giving your money to a organization for wildlife. It's a donation. It will make you feel better thinking like this" 😩
Only hunters would except this mentality I 🤔 think. Myself included.