2022 AZ ELK Draw

I'm definitely part of the problem this year. I drew a 10 archery bull tag last year with 14 points and it looks like I drew 5b north archery this year. I'm in shock!!
No offense & congrats on your draw. But this is the problem I ran into in Nevada when I lived there. People were getting draws 2-3 years in a row while I sat there with zilch & 12 points! At 76 I just gave up!

You have to be realistic and evaluate and play the odds to get a tag. And still there are no guarantees. I have 33 points for bighorn in AZ and if I can hang in there for 5 more years, enough of the competition will have either have drawn a tag or died of old age, but i should get a tag. Some guys hit the lotto/jackpot every year some not so much. The more and longer you play the better your chance of winning. I would rather play the odds every year and have a chance to hunt, than have to go to the end of the line and wait with no hope of hunt until it was my turn again. I know how it feels to not get a tag, it sucks, but it is part of the game. Every year you hear stories of the guy that draws a great tag and it is the first time they ever applied. Am I jealous? maybe a little. But I am going to pay my money and spin the wheel, CUZ THEY ARE TELLING ME THERE IS A CHANCE. Good luck to all.

No offense & congrats on your draw. But this is the problem I ran into in Nevada when I lived there. People were getting draws 2-3 years in a row while I sat there with zilch & 12 points! At 76 I just gave up!
All those years that I waited on that last elk tag, along with the endless wait on antelope and bighorn, I've just put in for easy to draw deer tags. That way I can at least get some hunting in.

You have to be realistic and evaluate and play the odds to get a tag. And still there are no guarantees. I have 33 points for bighorn in AZ and if I can hang in there for 5 more years, enough of the competition will have either have drawn a tag or died of old age, but i should get a tag. Some guys hit the lotto/jackpot every year some not so much. The more and longer you play the better your chance of winning. I would rather play the odds every year and have a chance to hunt, than have to go to the end of the line and wait with no hope of hunt until it was my turn again. I know how it feels to not get a tag, it sucks, but it is part of the game. Every year you hear stories of the guy that draws a great tag and it is the first time they ever applied. Am I jealous? maybe a little. But I am going to pay my money and spin the wheel, CUZ THEY ARE TELLING ME THERE IS A CHANCE. Good luck to all.
Good luck on your sheep draw.

Good luck on your sheep draw.
Absolutely!! I really wish my dad would've started putting me in for sheep when I was young but at the time, you had to write a check or get a money order so the money was all spent up front then you got a refund later and we didn't have much. Having a family now myself, I get that and totally but man, I'm behind on sheep points for the couple hunts I want…. At 33 points, you shouldn't have to pay for the tag when you draw!!!