2019 muzzleloader buck.

Long range ML shot.....love it. What charge of BH209 do you use for those long shots?

This rifle has a smokeless rated barrel so don't try this load in any other muzzleloader. The load is 115 grains by weight of blackhorn 209 pushing a 325 grain alco alpha hunter bullet at 2520 fps ignited by cci250 primer.

This rifle has a smokeless rated barrel so don't try this load in any other muzzleloader. The load is 115 grains by weight of blackhorn 209 pushing a 325 grain alco alpha hunter bullet at 2520 fps ignited by cci250 primer.
wow does that thing have a brake on it? If not, it must be punishing on the shoulder.

If you don't mind me asking, what did the build cost you and how hard to it feel with that break on it?
I was in it about $1200 for barrel+brake including load through funnel+ignition system 25 modules +smooth bore swagging die +3 piece collapsible ramrod. I already had the savage action and stock here. Kick wise it's probably similar to my 6.5x284 with no brake but way more concision and blast. Could easily shoot it all day on the shoulder but after about a dozen shots I start getting a concussion headache.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.