2015 Colorado Muzzle Loader speed goat

Bull 228

My friend and I both drew tags for the muzzle loader antelope season and hunted unit 105. The goats were fully into the rut and the stalking was great, lots of opportunities. I took mine with a139 yard shot and my friend got his at (about) 75 yards. Great hunt.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 139
Thank you, it was my first muzzle loader hunt. The buck my friend got was a real nice buck too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.1 KB · Views: 130
It was a great hunt and the first year that CDOW has opened up the muzzle loader season for antelope during the rut, which was a blast! We had tons of great stalks and were able to decoy the goats pretty well. If you haven't had the opportunity it's a hoot!

I haven't tried a decoy yet or muzzle loader. However I've been on a couple rifle hunts and an archery hunt all were lots of fun. All except for crawling through cactus, that was no fun. I drew the archery tag and my hunting buddy drew a rifle tag. He was able to shoot a pretty good buck at about 300 yds. I was able to sneak with in 60 yds of a buck and doe, but the doe busted us and took off running taking the buck along with her.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts