2015 Colorado Buck

cohunter14

Went ahead and redeemed a few preference points this year so I could chase after something with antlers for a change :D

Got on this guy right around noon opening day. He came in on my buddy and I and I actually had him at about 350 yards, but I couldn't get a solid shot on him as the weeds were too high and I wasn't willing to shoot off-hand at that distance. The buck eventually got nervous and moved out a ways. I finally got a shot off at 650 yards, but forgot to adjust for parallax...shot went right over his back. He moved on to 900 yards and I made the adjustments, including for parallax this time, and touched one off. We saw a splash of dust behind the buck, but couldn't tell if he was hit as he took off up over a small hill and disappeared. We made our way over, peeked over the hill, and there he was standing broadside. An offhand shot at about 100 yards with the 230gr Berger Hybrid dropped him in his tracks. Upon further investigation, it appears I missed on the 900 yard shot...it must have gone right underneath him.

Initial score had him at 72. Right antler was 14 3/4" and left was 14 3/8".

IMG_1031.jpg
IMG_1037.jpg

Nice job. I need to review the stats/areas myself to see if my 3pts gets me into any tags worthwhile to do the same (or wait another year or two). Wish there were more goats hunt opportunities in CO.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.