2012 Nevada Draw Results (unit 71 late success)

buzz4me2

Got caught by surprise and drew unis 71 late for a mule deer tag. Drew with only 5 points and really made my day. Talking to an outfitter, who knows Nevada really well, they about doubled the # of tags this year as compared to last. Maybe that's why I got lucky.

In any event the feeling is Nevada is going to go bust in the big deer category in the near future if they don't pull their heads out of their rear. Some units went from 600 tags last year to 1600 this year. This unit went from 116 residents in 2011 to 219 this year. Not sure about NR #'s.

Now I have to decide to DIY or go with a guide that I know well. I have never shot a big mule deer and from my research a 170" buck is realistic in this unit. If anyone is hunting unit 71 late give me a holler.

I got unit 111-113 bow in August. Only 35 tags total!!!!!! So, I feel lucky but I know NADA about this area.... I have heard it is good. If anyone has an idea, I would love to hear it... Not trying to Hijack this thread but I figure its in Nevada so it might get seen.

Thanks
Mario

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.