20 MOA base Help!!

Discussion in 'The Basics, Starting Out' started by sealdoggy, Jun 8, 2003.

1. sealdoggy

sealdoggy Member

Newbie here, I have an Accuracy International AE 308 police sniper, I'm looking for more elevation to get out to 800 yrds. The way the gun is set up I can only get to 500yrds then I run out of elevation, does anyone know of any 20 MOA base manufacture out there that might have a base that will fit my gun. Best Regards Steve

2. clg9mm

clg9mm Active Member

What scope are you using? You should be able to get at least 800-900 in .308 with most decent scopes. Is your windage centered?

3. Mysticplayer

Mysticplayer Writers Guild

If your rifle has base spacing the same as US commerical rifles, then you should be able to get a Farrel base from companies like Midway, and Graff. If not, consider a set of Burris Sig rings with inserts. The inserts will be able to give you up 30 MOA of tilt/elevation which will be enough to solve your problem.

Personally, I would go with the Burris rings since it is a no brainer and well priced.

Jerry

4. winmagman

winmagman Well-Known Member

Sealdoggy I'd have to second the Burris sig. rings. I've got them on a 300 mag holding a Zeiss 6.5x20 conquest and think they are the about as easy to use as it gets.