2 weeks til wyo antelope

splattermatic

2 weeks from today huntr and i will be in unit 72 right now putting a nice buck to bed. then a nice steak dinner and a good nights sleep out on the ranch in tents. ( i'm bringing an air bed !)

up before day light to where we put a nice buck to bed and await daylight to hopefully start it off with a nice buck for huntr.
then the fun begins with a total of 8 doe tags in hands !

can't wait.
bringing a 243 manlicher, a 7-08, a 7x57, and i wanna take a long poke, so my 300 rum is tagging along.

Good luck splattermatic. My buddy and I leave Atlanta on Sept. 25. expecting a 2 day drive then a day of rest in Gillette. Scout for 3 days in area 17. We have 2 doe antelope tags, 1 buck antelope & buck mule deer tag each. He is bringing his 7mm STW and I am bring my 6mm Norma BR. and my killing machine which is a Browning BAR in 30-06. gun)gun)gun)

joseph

I'm leaving the 20th to meet up with a buddy in KC and we are driving from there for the opener in unit 26. My first Antelope hunt!!! :)

We leave Cleveland on the 29th for Newcastle. Hunting in A7 and have 6 tags 3 buck 3doe. Probably try to buy a few more over the counter doe tags if available. Taking a Kimber .243, Savage 270, Savage 111 lrh 25-06 for the lopes. Rem 700 223, Savage 112 Bvss 22-250, Marlin 22 mag for the P-dogs. Should be a really good time, this is our first Antelope hunt.

Our opener is Sept. 11th in a spot west of Laramie.

Have not been there before, so we'll be there a day or two earlier to look it over.

Got the .257Wby dialed in dead-on at 300 for a 100 gr. BT @ 3500fps, so I should be ok.

Good luck to all WY hunters gun).

We're heading out for Casper next Thursday with a stop along the way to shoot a few Pdogs. Good luck to everyone. Taking 7RM, 270, 222, 223, 5 mm mag.

we are going on sept.25 but will be hunting area 31 on monday the 27. got two buck and two doe tags. taking some Specialty pistols. tick tock!!!

Area 22 near Buffalo Wy. in mid-Oct. Just taking my Win. Mod. 70 Featherweight in 250-3000 (100gr. Ballistic tips). It did the job at 320yds. last year. Also Pds. and will be bringing old "Yellow Dog" for that job.

Antelope5.jpg

DSC00396.jpg

Hey joseph, you said you were hunting area 17 out of Gillette, my family's ranch is in that area, where are you hunting exactly? Just curious...

we leave out sept 28th hunt oct 1-3 first time out west cant wait,
i gad i found this site for all the great info.

Ixquick & WMWW, You are going to have a ball...keep in mind antelope hunting is addicting!
I too am leaving MN on the 28th will be hunting A27 starting Oct. 1...This is my fourth year in a row hunting WY and I am totally hooked on it...

Tenwalker, That's a mighty fine looking lope and the "yellow dog" looks pretty sweet too...

Good Luck too all and post some pictures after your hunt,
Randy

Tenwalker,

where did you get the thumb-holer stock thats on yellow-dog? Lookin' mighty fine, sir.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.