WYO Antelope Draw Results

Something to consider next year, pick the unit you hope to get as 1st choice, then choose a unit with high odds as a second and a lesser one as 3rd choice. If you don't draw 1st choice, you gain a point for next year. If you draw 2nd or 3rd choice, you keep your points. Save up points for "trophy" areas, but remember that 2/3's of the pronghorn on the planet live in Wyoming and B/C bucks can be found where they shouldn't be. I didn't draw 1st choice, but got 1 buck and 2 doe tags of my 2nd choice unit and so did my brother. I applied for both does hoping to get one. I guess not everyone who applied for buck tags wanted a doe...? Anyway, plan for point creep, it's real. There are units that are almost guaranteed with 1 or even 0 points and pronghorn live there too. Some units just have limited public land or access though

I got a buck and doe in Unit 23 for my first pronghorn hunt. 23 has very limited public access but I'm going with a few guys that have secured quite a bit of private next to some inaccessible public land. All I have to do is bring the landowner some muscadine jelly and Yiengling and shoot prairie dogs after the pronghorn hunt!

My dad and me drew for unit 16. First time WY antelope for bit of us. We are thinking of hunting the south eastern part of the unit. Any intel or advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

On the leftover draws for doe/fawn... does it decrease your chances if you apply for two vs one leftover tag? Can a person get drawn for just one of them?

My dad and me drew for unit 16. First time WY antelope for bit of us. We are thinking of hunting the south eastern part of the unit. Any intel or advice would be greatly appreciated. Good luck to everyone!

That will also be where about 98% of the other people will be hunting, so plan on walking a lot of miles to get in deeper than where a lot of people will want to walk. Also, find the one or two access points up in the northwest part of the unit that will also take a lot of walking away from the roads to find goats.

On the leftover draws for doe/fawn... does it decrease your chances if you apply for two vs one leftover tag? Can a person get drawn for just one of them?

See my post #30 on that question and no, it doesn't increase or decrease your chance of getting drawn, and no to your second question. It's both or nothing!

That will also be where about 98% of the other people will be hunting, so plan on walking a lot of miles to get in deeper than where a lot of people will want to walk. Also, find the one or two access points up in the northwest part of the unit that will also take a lot of walking away from the roads to find goats.
Thanks!

Kraigwy, my brother and I got area 7 also. This will be our first time antelope hunting and we're pretty jacked up. Do you know if there are any hotels close to the area?

This Fall is my first antelope hunt, too, and my buddies and I saved a lot of money renting a house. We started with airbnb, but ended up finding one at homeaway.com. We have too short of a window to drive out, so camping gear wasn't an option this trip. This kept the cost for the week per person down to what a hotel would have been for a night or two.

Spent the last week doggin down in goat area 47.Guys that drew 47 tags will be in for treat this year, lots of high 70s goats and a few monsters here and there. I did not see the big freek we saw a couple months ago though.
Kinda wish I had tried for that area this year??

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.