WYO Antelope Draw Results

we drew like 7 doe tags and 1 buck tag. anyone ever hunt units 20 or 21? new area for us. driven through there but never hunted it. looks like lots of walking to get into some of the public land.

we drew like 7 doe tags and 1 buck tag. anyone ever hunt units 20 or 21? new area for us. driven through there but never hunted it. looks like lots of walking to get into some of the public land.

Most of the antelope in 20 are on the far east side of the unit on private land. The further west you go the higher the elevation and it's more deer and elk country. Most of the accessible public land in 21 is down on the south and southeast end of the unit just north of the southern boundary and it gets pounded pretty bad the first few days because of that.

I drew for area 63. First Antelope hunt, I have no idea as to what I am getting my self into. Right now I am planning a solo hunt and camping out on public land. Now I just need to figure out the area 63 boundaries and go from there.

The borders of 63 are fairly easy( Did you draw a 63-1 or a 63-2?). Pathfinder reservoir on the east, Farris mountain to the south and Highway 220 western and northern borders. This is a great area to roam with very little privet, the goats have not been as good the last couple of years and the numbers are down a little but its still one of my favorite areas. I'll be in there hunting deer if you need some help.
Don't shoot the first one you see;-)

Topgun kinda nailed 21 BUT 21 has a lot to offer if you know where to look. Lots of people hunting Long canyon road! If it rains or snows you are limited to walking ( and you will know what bentinite snowshoes are!!) as the roads and two tracks are all but impassible, they dry out quick if your a little patient. I drew 21 tags this year too, drop me a line if you want more info

A little bummed out right now. After building up 8 points,my buddy and I (both non-resident) finally decided it was the right time to go this year. Using Eastman's as a guide, we put in for the 62-1 and 62-2 hunts. The first choice had a 50/50 chance of drawing with 8 points; the second was guaranteed draw with 8 points. We didn't draw either. I was stunned. We called WY Game & Fish to learn where the wheels came off on our planned hunt. We were told that preference points only count with your first choice. Oh well, live and learn I guess. It seems the 'point creep' is really getting up there for WY goats. There's always next year.

I was organizing a hunt with a bunch of my buddies this year in unit 43. Guess who didn't draw a tag this year? My cousin in GA also drew a blank, so it looks like I'll be saving some gas $ this year. There is always next year...

A little bummed out right now... We were told that preference points only count with your first choice. Oh well, live and learn I guess.
Guess I fell victim to the same thing. Was planning on taking my son out west for his 16th bday. He was up to 3 pts, put in for a 63-2 as first choice. Last year 3 pts was 100% draw, this year it was up to 5pts. He struck out on everything. I still drew a doe tag, so at least we got something. Just have to remind myself its about the whole experience, not just getting horns.

There were many units that went "bananas" this year and took at least 2 more PPs to draw than it did in 2017. It may have been because of the price increase and people deciding to get out of the rat race and apply this year before things get even worse. It's too bad some people don't realize that your PPs are only used for your first choice and when they add other choices thinking they are a lock because of their PP total that it makes no difference.

Guess I fell victim to the same thing. Was planning on taking my son out west for his 16th bday. He was up to 3 pts, put in for a 63-2 as first choice. Last year 3 pts was 100% draw, this year it was up to 5pts. He struck out on everything. I still drew a doe tag, so at least we got something. Just have to remind myself its about the whole experience, not just getting horns.
Leftover tags go on sale this week. As long as you're going, might stop in another unit.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.