• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED 1964 Rem Model 700 .308

!964 is a date that seems to indicate to non informed that a gun should be a lot more valuable. I think this stems from the fact that the Winchester company ceased making the original controlled feed actions in 1964. So Pre 64 winchesters in Model 70 had a higher value for a while as Winchester fans sought them out. They still have a little inflated value but they have started making them again.

So some older guns will have collector value but the magic pre-64 seems to me to be tied to Winchester Model 70's.

Perhaps there are more reasons and one of the collectors on this site can contribute to my opinion or correct my misinformation if necessary.

So in my view you have a REmington 700 in .308 blued with well used stock and unknown amount of rounds down the barrel. To most of us, this is simply a Donor action type of rifle and 300-450 is likely what you will get as offers. Likely on the lower end of that. I base that opinion on my ability to purchase similar in local want ads and pawn shops.

If it is indeed collectable, then post it on Gunbroker.com

I hear yah there olcrip.

x2 on that. Members like that deserved to be banned.
icon8.gif

iSnipe

Last edited by a moderator:
My goodness. That's no way to post. This is a really nice forum. I hope you find a way to use it and participate in a positive way.

Good day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Len, you're just an old softie. I got rid of some of the junk before your post came up.

Guys, if a fellas attitude isn't your cup of tea just ignore it as it'll get the results you think it deserves. Feed it and this is what happens.

If you've got something to sell then sell it. If you want to make an offer, then make an offer but why would you waste your time escalating something clear up to the 6th. grade level??? :)