185grn berger VLD hunting, 300win & 4831sc

Once found a very accurate load with this combo but found that my primer pockets were loosening way too early. (I'm not going to say the load, it was safe in my chamber but it might not be in yours)

IMR 7828ssc resloved the issue, slightly faster load much easier on brass.

anyone used this combination

anyone have berger data for 4831sc

thanks
fatjake,
We show based on a COAL of 3.340 in and conservative data due to bullet length:
H4831SC
MIN = 70.5gr
MAX = 74.0gr
APPROX VELOCITIES = 2831 to 2971 FPS
APPROX FILL RATIO = 97%
Look here : http://bulletin.accurateshooter.com...how-to-load-hybrid-bullets-for-best-accuracy/ for bullet seating depth testing information. Any bullet seating depth testing should be done at the lowest powder charge listed for the bullet/powder/cartridge combination you are testing. Once the seating depth accuracy node is found. Work the load back up slowly checking for pressure signs and accuracy until your highest velocity accuracy node is found. If you have any questions please feel free to contact us here. Or at [email protected]. Thanks for using our bullets!
Take care,

I use the 185 VLD's in a .30-06 AI pushed by a stiff load of 7828 SSC and a lit by a Fed 210M... 26" barrel gives me ~2,900 fps. average. Haven't tried them on game yet.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.