17 Remington or 17 Tactical

Greg Duerr

I'm looking at a new Rifle Project for Coyotes and Bobcats and would like to get a 17 Remington or 17 Tactical and have considered the 17FB.
I can buy a new in the box Remington 700 .223 or used one for $500 and would like to get it rebarreled to one of these Cartridges. I've looked for Factory new or used ones but most are going for $1000.

Could you recommend a Smith that will blue print the action, do a good trigger job or a after market trigger and have a Lilja Barrel of other recommended barrel installed 24" to 26" 1x9 #3 Coated barrel.................
As far as the stock goes the factory stocks are ok its just that I have a 13 7/8" Pull but can get by with 13 3/4. Would like to have a spacer installed on the stock rather than to buy a new Manners or McMillan Stock...................I would like a nice three color gel swirl stock....................................we will see.

Have never shot a 17 and have always wanted to put one to the test..........

Purpose is for Fur and for Jacks and Ground squirrels.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.