168gr Gameking HPBT?

Firecat

Long story short I received two boxes(200) of Sierra 168 grain Gameking hollow points. It was not my choice, but alas I've got them now. I would like to load these in a 300 win mag. The idea is to load them mildly. I am thinking of 3100 fps or less. I figure this is mild seeing that the 300 win mag can push them to 3300 fps according to Sierra load data. I would like to use this for hunting both mule deer and cow/spike elk. Should i be concerned using these hollow points on younger elk? Any advice would be appreciated.

I have to say its my all time favorite bullet for my 30-06. I've never used them for anything but deer, but all the deer i've dropped did not run. 2800 fps. All bang flops up to 200lbs. They are a tough bullet for a hollow point. How they perform on elk, I don't know. There's alot of info. on the net about guys using these bullets. Hope this helps.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.