168 vs 175

You were correct Michael. I had an error in my Shooter inputs of the BC's. After correction, my 700 yards difference was 4.6" advantage to the 175 SMK over the 168 SMK with an 11" advantage at 1000 yards. Very close to your data. Sorry for the confusion. Art

No problem, if nothing else, crunching numbers helps me stay on top of it and you've got your shooter app squared away for a 1st round hit!

No problem, if nothing else, crunching numbers helps me stay on top of it and you've got your shooter app squared away for a 1st round hit!

Turns out that I have never had an issue with my competitive shooting. I originally had yardage turrets and windage tapes made for my rifle using my standard loads. The BC's were correct so my shooting has always been right on the money. It was the program that I later put in Shooter that had the incorrect BC's entered. Glad I didn't use it! I double checked my LR hunting rifle programs and they are OK.

If you try the 208Amax with either 100v or reloader 17 you should be able to get 2550-2600fps before you reach your limit in lapua brass.
2600fps should be achievable and that would be less than 2 mils 6.5 moa at 1000yds for a full value 10mph wind.
You will never be abe to shoot in the wind if you don't start shooting in the wind. USAMU has a bunch of stuff on you tube as does others. There are articles/threads here as well as on 6mm Br. Videos for sale here and other places.
If you believe you can or if you believe you can't your rightlightbulb
Buy some surveyors tape cut 3' strips and tack them on stakes at the target halfway and at your shooting position. If you don't have a wind meter yet download a wind meter app. they have them for Iphone and droid platforms. Compare the tape to the measured wind speed and you will get a handle on how to do it. Education isn't free and it doesn't work until you initiate the start of it
Knowledge is power only when it's applied

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts