Savage 111 lrh vs tikka varmit??

The savage lrh has a 26 inch barrel with muzzel brake.The Tikka has a 23 3/4 inch Barrel,in 300 wsm what would be the difference.From 100 yrds to a 1000 yrds??Is one better then the other??

If your goal is 1000 then I would say it depends on how each one groups. I would pick the Savage LRH.

Cool thanks for that.I had a look at the tikka varmit the bolt was awsome,then he showed me another model in savage and the action seemed rough compared to the tikka.Would a tikka varmit do the same job as the lrh to 1000 yrds?? finding it hard to choose...

The Savage has a 24" barrel and a 2" brake. The new ones that will be out this year sometime are supposed to have a 26" fluted barrel then the brake.

Whatever shoots better would be the best. The Savage is good. I have a 6.5-264 LRH but haven't had time to shoot it much yet.

I just bought a 111lrh in .300 win and love it. I only had it out the one day with factory loads and it by far shoots better than I do. I held an inch at 100 yards with a poor rest shooting winchester silvertips

I have both. Both shoot very well < 1/2 MOA . The Tikka action is smoother. I also like the trigger on the Tikka more. However, the Savage is made in the USA.

At the Shot Show the Sako/Tikka Rep said that you can order any caliber that Tikka offers though their dealers - you're not limited to what Beretta imports.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.