165 Grain SSTs on Deer Sized Game

We've used the 129 sst out of the creedmoor at a hair north of 3000 fps and it's pretty awesome actually. Back when I used to own a 30-06 when I was a teenager I shot the 150 sst out of that and also had good results. I'm going to be testing the 123 sst from my new creedmoor this year and we'll see how that works out.

I picked up a couple boxes of 30 caliber 165 grain SSTs to load over some H4350 for my .30-06.

Anyone got good reviews of the SSTs for deer sized game?
I love the versatility of the 30-06. I'm not a fan of SST bullets. I think the Rem Core-Lokt 165 or the new tipped version is a far better performing bullet.

We've used the 129 sst out of the creedmoor at a hair north of 3000 fps and it's pretty awesome actually. Back when I used to own a 30-06 when I was a teenager I shot the 150 sst out of that and also had good results. I'm going to be testing the 123 sst from my new creedmoor this year and we'll see how that works out.
The 123 is designed for Grendel speeds. It has a very thin jacket and base

Agreed, any 165 class bullet will be a champ on deer in a 30-06. SST are phenomenal killers on deer, as are the A-Max. Stay away from really big bones and I wouldn't hesitate to send a 165 SST from an -06 for elk either, really good hunting bullets. My primary deer shooter is a 308, running 168 A-Max at a bit over 2800 out of a 26" barrel. My son shot a 350 pound boar hog with it using the same bullet, result was a dead hog with an exit wound about 40 yards from where it was shot. The SST is a little tougher construction than an A-Max, and both are very accurate bullets. I use both with total confidence.

SST worked extremely well for us years ago when we hunted "traditional ranges" 500<IN.

In particular the 123 grain SST out of creedmoor worked wonders. (We still have customers running factory 165 loads out of 30-06 every year)

They're not much more then a tipped interlock - pop the deer's air bags and he aint goin' far!