150gn 30cal Failsafes

DRAKECALLER

Anyone have any experiances with these bullets?? and If so How is the expansion with high velocities and lower velocities??

The reason I ask is that I have recently purchased a Browning A-Bolt in 300 WSM and have found that the 150 gn fail safes will shoot under a half inch at 100 yds, but I am afraid that the bulelt will not preform well with lighter skinned game (ie. Blacktail deer) I am also skeptical due to the lower B.C. as compared to a Barnes XLC, Nosler Bal Tip, Swifts, Sierras and some of the other long range hunting bullets.

Several years ago we hunted caribou with 165 Failsafes in a .300 Weatherby and they were excellent performers. Ended up taking several animals with the rig (loaned it to guides etc) and the bullets were deadly. Only one recovery and it was a perfect mushroom. Longest shot was just over 400, most shots were under two hundred and not one animal took a second bullet.
I recently tested the 180 in the .300 WSM and was amazed with the accuracy we got - those are good shooting factory loads.

Warning! This thread is more than 22 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.