30cal 227gr Hammers

longgunshooter

Hello all, Im looking at potentially developing a load with these soon. Suggestions?

Rifle in question will be my new 30-26 Nosler which shoots the 230 Bergers very well over 81gr of H1000.

Hello all, Im looking at potentially developing a load with these soon. Suggestions?

Rifle in question will be my new 30-26 Nosler which shoots the 230 Bergers very well over 81gr of H1000.

What is the load density with the Berger load? I would use it as a start point with the Hammer. If it is crunching very much you could have trouble with bullet pushing back out. A little crimp will help with this if load is good. Any of the powders in this range should work well. The rl26 has been a nice powder in this same burn rate. We have also been using w780 ball powder with very good results. There are a lot of good powders in this burn rate range. Often our bullets will like a slightly faster powder as to not run out of case capacity.

Steve

Thanks for the prompt reply!

Im not certain about he load density... Not crunching powder yet but its close. I have another load that is also doing very well with the H1000. 210gr LRAB's over 83gr, its getting right at moa or a little under but I think its me holding it back from printing better.

Thank you for the suggestions, ill order some up soon and give them a try. It will be a after the holidays but Ill be sure to post up my results.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.