1500$ scope rings base. go!

Idahobuckeye

Ok just bought a sendero 300 wm looking to setup for say max 1500 yards

Have read a ton on the site but have specific questions I can't get answered. First is do I need a 20 moa mount? Second what affordable rings will be good. I've read a lot about talleys? I am looking for bargain for my buck rail (if needed) and rings

Last scope I'm considering possibly a nxs scope used but I love vortex optics and their warranty! I have a hs lr 4-16 viper could that work? Or maybe a pst possible. I am open to any quality scope though 1500$ is my budget for these items. Thank you everyone!

Ok just bought a sendero 300 wm looking to setup for say max 1500 yards

Have read a ton on the site but have specific questions I can't get answered. First is do I need a 20 moa mount? Second what affordable rings will be good. I've read a lot about talleys? I am looking for bargain for my buck rail (if needed) and rings

Last scope I'm considering possibly a nxs scope used but I love vortex optics and their warranty! I have a hs lr 4-16 viper could that work? Or maybe a pst possible. I am open to any quality scope though 1500$ is my budget for these items. Thank you everyone!

SFP or FFP?

I think if you shop around you could stay within $1500 for scope, base, and rings if you looks at the Leupold Mark 4:
Mark 4 6.5-20 X 50mm with M1 dials (1/4 MOA)
Mark 4 1 piece base (I think this is actually a 15 MOA rail)
Mark 4 30mm rings
The Mark 4 steel base and rings are NOT light weight, but they are rock solid.

lahunter

You hit one of the questions I didn't ask. Luepold... I do t have a lot of experience with them but I've heard they are a lighter scope just read a write up on customer service. As far as quality they can get me where I want to go? That may just be a front runner! How does the glass compare to say vortex viper lines?

P.s forgot to add the purpose of the rifle will be 75% hunting 25 long range plinking.

sightron SIII 8-32x56, badger or seekins rings, similar base with 20moa.

look to spend $300-$400 on rings and a base and torque them correctly.

Another good scope option but in ffp would be Bushnell hdmr 3.5-21x50.

Vortex PST 6-24 , 20moa base, Leupold QRW's. I use several different bases, aluminum and steel, no issues with either material or brands.

spending $400 on a hunting rifle base and rings is certainly not needed and is overkill 99% of the time. Lot of great rings and bases for under half that. No need for the "tactical cool bases and rings" with the tactical cool brand name.

Go with a 20 MOA base for sure. EGW works fine and strong as anything else.

TPS rings also work great and not super expensive.

No need for the tactical cool bases and rings other than claiming you have them and how much they cost you.

The Leupold Mark 4 scope glass is very good. I have never looked through any Vortex rifles scopes, so I can't compare. I don't think the picture through my Mark 4 scope is quite as clear as a "top line' Swarovski, (best rifle scope glass I have ever looked through) but the Mark 4 will get you well past legal / ethical shooting light with a very clear and bright sight picture. This is a very legit long range hunting / shooting scope.

Like one poster says, you don't need to spend lots of money on your scope. If you used Weaver style bases and Burris Signature Zee rings you can use the inserts to get practically any amount of base angle you want. Or you can use the inserts to almost sight in your scope if you like to play like that. These bases and rings will be under a hundred bucks.

Yea I'm actually looking into receiving a military discount from vortex or nightforce. This could possibly get me more for my money. I really looked at the mark 4 hard but they don't have a zero stop. What I'm gathering from the post is any 20 Moa rail should do? And there are lots of decent rings

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.