scope base and rings

pat86004

I am trying to figure out a good base/ring combo for my savage 110. It is in a bell and carlson medalist stock and currently has a weaver picatinny style base on it. I have a new scope on the way and need to find a way to lower the centerline of the scope about 1/4" the current scope is a 40mm objective, I am moving up to a 50mm objective. Does anyone have any suggestions on a combination that will sit low but still accommodate a 30mm tube with a 50mm objective? I know that I am probably not giving all the necessary information but I would be more then happy to answer whatever I can.

With the current set up of the weaver rail and medium height 1" rings, the scope sits just high enough that when I get my cheek weld just the way I like it, I can't see through the scope. I have a little more then 1/2" of clearence from barrel to scope objective. I'm open to pretty much any suggestions on how to get everything to line up.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.