150 gr, Sierra/6.5x284

Duplicated last nights load, went out and shot 12 rounds and couldn't get better than moa.
Went back to the drawing board, a bit shunned and decided to drop .2 gr for 4 loads and see what happens.
Loaded the rounds and while sitting at the bench, I lost parallax using the exact same position as the day before.
Re set parallax(was now in a different position than the day before) and began shooting 4 sets of reduced loads.
Started at 55.3
I understand this isn't a custom barrel and perhaps it is asking to much but I wanted to be on or under 1/2" groups at 100yds when I started.
I think the rifle will shoot.
I will send the scope off to Burris in a couple weeks and see if it can be fixed.
In any regard, here is my target after I got the scope parallax free and slowly reduced the powder load.

Attachments

• 1207171628_resized.jpg
    1207171628_resized.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 140
Duplicated last nights load, went out and shot 12 rounds and couldn't get better than moa.
Went back to the drawing board, a bit shunned and decided to drop .2 gr for 4 loads and see what happens.
Loaded the rounds and while sitting at the bench, I lost parallax using the exact same position as the day before.
Re set parallax(was now in a different position than the day before) and began shooting 4 sets of reduced loads.
Started at 55.3
I understand this isn't a custom barrel and perhaps it is asking to much but I wanted to be on or under 1/2" groups at 100yds when I started.
I think the rifle will shoot.
I will send the scope off to Burris in a couple weeks and see if it can be fixed.
In any regard, here is my target after I got the scope parallax free and slowly reduced the powder load.
You may be tossing good loads at 100y that would shoot great at long range. Particularly with the very long bullets. I would not give much value to the group size until you are shooting at 300 yards.

Steve

You may be tossing good loads at 100y that would shoot great at long range. Particularly with the very long bullets. I would not give much value to the group size until you are shooting at 300 yards.

Steve

Thx, Steve
I will go long next week.

I have a really nice spot where I shoot from 100yds to 2000+

Don't have time this weekend, the wife and I both have cow elk tags to fill.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.