143g Lever Hammer load data

Koda_

Does anyone know of a source for load data using Hornady Leverrevolution powder with the Lever Hammer 143g bullet?

Long version: I did my first load using Hodgdon data for the 140g Hornady MFTX (29min 34 max) and found no signs of pressure even at 34g max powder but my highest velocity of the entire "ladder" was only 2258fps at 34g, no pressure signs. I was thinking I could go higher here but Im already into uncharted waters here, so to speak. Does the Hammers PDR grooves have to do with this allowing for more powder than other projectiles?

Powder case capacity roughly the same as CC bullets but less pressure due to drive band design. Hornady and Hodgdon load data is fairly conservative. Nosler is more aggressive. Play with Hammers long enough. Swimming in uncharted load data is a norm.

Koda,
Look at Hammer Hunter load data on this Forum.
H-Lvr is slow. Hammers do better with faster powders due to less friction/resistance. You should get around 2800 from your 30/30.
I have ran searches here and on the Hammertime forum but didnt find anything with HLVR powder.
HLVR is one of 4 powders I have, A2520 might work I dunno. Id rather not have to buy something new but could be convinced, i need a load worked up before October. 2800 would be awesom, but if I could hit at least 2400 with a good group id be happy.
It sounds like I can keep working up slowly with my HLVR.....

I ran both LVR and A2520 in QL and I don't think you are going to get 2800 out of either one. You may be able to squeeze 2400 out of A2520. I also ran a bunch of other powders for giggles and nothing I found runs over 2500. I presumed a barrel length of 20".

Attachments

• 30-30 Win 143 Lever Hammer Hodgdon Leverevolution.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 85
  • 30-30 Win 143 Lever Hammer A2520.txt
    2.4 KB · Views: 58
Koda,
Not talking about searches. Go to Hammer Hunter load data on this Forum
There's a file for both Hunters and Absolutes. It's a Word format table. I think it's page one, post 8.
There's data you want there.
Got it, thank you.

Had found that post in my prior search but didnt know to scroll down, was looking for a link in the OP. But i see load data in there im looking for. Will go over it tonight, thank you...

Does anyone know of a source for load data using Hornady Leverrevolution powder with the Lever Hammer 143g bullet?

Long version: I did my first load using Hodgdon data for the 140g Hornady MFTX (29min 34 max) and found no signs of pressure even at 34g max powder but my highest velocity of the entire "ladder" was only 2258fps at 34g, no pressure signs. I was thinking I could go higher here but Im already into uncharted waters here, so to speak. Does the Hammers PDR grooves have to do with this allowing for more powder than other projectiles?
Cartridge? Or did I miss that

Came up with a load for this and thought Id share.
143g LH, 20" bbl, Nosler brass, Fed210 primer, 2.534" COAL, 37g HLVR, 2400fps, notes: compressed load. Pressure sign at 37.1g, no crimp.

I thought my results were interesting compared to the 2 entries using HLVR in the load data post I wasnt able to reach their 2500fps. Im not the most experienced reloader but IMO I dont think HLVR is a good powder for the Lever Hammer, while this load will work for me for this fall Im going to switch to a different powder for next year. Accuracy with this Hammer is really good Im very pleased with that.
If I post this in the load data post will it get put in the spreadsheet?