123 eld-m on deer, anyone use them?

Killed quite a few pronghorn with 123 eldm out of my short barrel (20") 260 rem at 2900 fps. Devaststing bullet for broadside shots, large wound cannals with exits. Doesnt have a real high sectional densisty like the 140 eldm and wont penetrate as deep so id shy away from shoulder shots or steep quartering shots. Id have no hesitation using this bullet up to mule deer sized game out to 500 yards

So turning a 6.5x47 into my dedicated deer gun for back home when I visit in SC. I am wanting to run a lighter bullet as this is a 21" barrel for running a can. Was thinking at heaviest 130 Berger hybrids but would like to run the 123 eldm for the speed. Just a guess but 350 yds would be pushing it as it's a pretty thick place where I hunt and most shots are 100 yds and in. Anyone used the 123 eldm on deer? Thanks fellows.
I've used 105 amax from a 6x47lapua on deer with devistating results. I tried to duplicate the load with a 103eldx but wasn't happy with the accuracy. I'm gonna give the eld match bullets a try since so many people say theyre very similar to the amax

I've seen the good and the bad with the eld match on animals. Too much speed and I've seen them splatter on the rib cage with very little fragment penatration.
We have had better luck with eldx, sst or amax.
But in the caliber your shooting they should be a great choice.

I've used the 120 grn Hornady GMX on deer between 200 and 237 yds, two of 3 DRT. The other went down at 32 yds because I shot it a bit back.
The bullet is devastating.

he got buck feaver , made a HORRIBLE shot and hit the deer in the right hip , the deer flopped around

There's the real problem....

I'm not an advocate for target bullets as a rule.... But ive used an a max in situations and berger otm in other situations. I don't think its for everyone and everytime and you would need discretion on how your hunting and shot placement. But.... A bad hit is a bad hit. No matter what your flinging out there.

I'm not sure a gameking would have really changed the situation you mentioned because you would have still had a Followup dispatch....I am glad you talked him into other bullets though.

It'll be fine. I set up an 18.5" 6.5 Creed to specifically run a can on and hunt deer with. I initially thought I'd use the 143 ELDX but heard several stories of them being a little hard and not expanding too well at long range. So, I went with the 107 TMK instead. Recoil feels like 30% less, and ballistic performance is essentially a wash between the 2 at the speeds I can drive them both at. The 123 ELD-M is very similar in design to the TMK and I'd expect similar terminal performance. 123gr is plenty for deer.

My brother has take quite a few hogs with them and a few large Michigan whitetail.
They will be fine for those little deer.
For those distances you should also take a look at the 99gr hammers. That's what I'll be running in my Grendel this year. I run the 124's in my 6.5 creed and take a few deer, hogs , and an audad with them. They are great.
Hammers r hard to beat! I run the 99 at 3700 in a 6.5 wsm its bad dude! And the 110 db at 3450!

I've had the opposite experience than most I found the eldx to explode more than the eld. Eld has a thicker jacket. I took a scimitar oryx with the 147 last year. It worked fine. But the hammers are in a different class. Imo