1220 yard woodchuck kill

Groupphoto.jpg

I finally got it.
The above pic is of Judd, Kevin (of Montour County Rifles), Me, Buddy, and Greg.
The foreground is Elenor (the 1220 yard shot maker), Rebecca (my 25-06), and Buddy's 6 MM remington model 700 BDL.

Hope you all enjoy this picture - it took me a while to get it on here.

To be honest with you, all that video showed was the set up we were shooting from and some of the playa's shooting that day.

Kevin, of Montour County Custom Rifles, has the actual impact video of this (and MANY more) kill.
I cant wait for him to publish it, I believe he is editing it right now.

Same guy, Kevin at Moncour.
It is the rifle that made the 1220 yard shot.
Elenor. (Miss Elenor to you...hahaha).

That's some sweet stuff. I'd love to have someone to shorten the learning curve like that. We just read and do the self-taught thing. Connecting at LR is surely addicting though! Great hunt. Thanks for sharing it. We're going back out tomoorow for some LR rockchucks. Got to have a fix....

Kevin at Moncour County Rifles is fully focused on what he does.
Judd, thats his screen name here on LRH, is considering doing some woodchuck hunts as a guide service.

I strongly recommend you to make contact with both these guys and ask them what you want to know - they are so down to Earth and knowledgeble you will be glad you did.

I have been shooting woodchucks since I was 17, I am 50 now and learned alot from these two guys, and had a great time doing it.
Kevin's shop is the coolest gun place I have ever been - he is really good at this.

mike, i knew that about the rifle. i was just poking some fun their way. your right, kevin does a very good job. the difference with the groundhogs is i cant hear them shoot. kevin will explain that, or not.

I would not have believed it if I didnt see it with my own eyes.
Judd was nice enough to take a day and spend it with a total stranger(me) and his friends and I have never in my 30 years of chuckin seen the likes of this shooting we did.

First my friend took one at 830 yards. Thats was awesome enough, then he goes right back and takes a 1220 yard shot at a standing woodchuck and drills it cleanly.
Many thanks to Judd and Kevin of Montour County Rifles for a shooting experience like nothing else I have ever seen.

I will be posting pictures and videos as soon as I get them set up.

WOW.....
Taking a chuck at 1220 IS very impressive. Like shooting a white tail at 2000 !
Great shooting !!