10mm handgun

My two 10mm a glock 20sf and a colt delta elite.

Attachments

• 20240228_131613.jpg
    20240228_131613.jpg
    388.4 KB · Views: 51
I got to see a bear soak 5 rounds from a 44mag rifle last year and not give a crap. A 308 to the head was what dropped it.
Cutting it open all 5 44 rounds were lethal. In the vitals. If it was a dlp scenario where the bear was charging it would have gotten someone.
What I came away from that with was the horsepower of the round doesn't matter all that much. What you need in a defense sceario is a cns hit. And only a cns hit. heart and lungs takes way too long to kill them. As long as what you're shooting can penetrate to get through the skull or through mass to the spine it's enough.
So as with all shooting, shot placement is the most important thing, by a mile.
When I think about how that defensive situation might go down I decided I want 15 and not 6 because placement is going to be pure luck most likely. Might as well have 15 dice to roll. I switched from my 329 to a g20. Shooting extreme defense.
Honestly I'd rather see someone shoot a 9mm with penetrators and as many as they can carry than a 454 cannon with 5.

A 200-220 at 1100 fps from a 10mm vs a 240 at 1200 fps from a 44 isn't really that different especially considering the extra round count available in a 10mm and the fact that most 10mm's are more easily carried than a 44. I've owned a 44 for 20 years but I'm really liking the 10mm. I don't like the fact that it spits brass a couple benches over though. We have a brass goblin at our range and revolvers make it easier to police brass when said individual is there so a big point for the revolver.

I've been very happy with my G20SF 10mm especially after I made some of the aftermarket changes. So, 1K? Perhaps but... I'd plan on a little more if you really want it to run at the top end. Now... let's face it, I like it because I haven't had a Bear try to take my lunch money away from me yet, and no matter what... it's not one of the bigger boys on the block like my beloved S&W 29 .44 mag. The real advantage in my book is; it's up there with a good bullet and load and a guy can have a 15+1 count in the pistol, for that warm secure feeling, however, the Bear(s) I've been close to when they decide to "move out" makes me think; I'd have very little time, if Mr. Bear didn't give me a heads up from a very long ways out. So in the end that 10mm round count might just be me fooling myself, yep... if I did have time to reload a revolver, which I doubt, perhaps I'd have more than enough time to mag-dump old Mr. Bear? As for the conversation, there are way too many ways to connect the dots... it's every man for himself in a Bear attack., good luck... just my 0.2 Cheers.

G20 Gen 3  10 mm 022.JPG
G20 Gen 3  10 mm 018 - Copy.JPG

If "ANYONE" thinks that they will get more than 2 or 3 shots (revolver or auto) into an attacking bear….. likely starting shooting long before the attack was imminent!

How do you spell……"justifiable shooting"! 😉 memtb
Not necessarily. A friend got charged bow hunting this fall and had a shooting incident. A boar got up out of its bed at 13 yds and came at him and another hunter who were calling elk aggressively. One had a 10mm FN and the other a .44. The got them both empty. Game and Fish investigated and was good with it.