105 MOA Rail

G

I just received 3 custom rails (for Rem 700 LA) made by Fenton Sandlin of Alba , Texas. Fenton is a great guy and will custom make any rail you want. He charges $65 + Shipping.

I don't know what the difference between in height front/rear of of a rem 700 LA rail is. Measuring a couple of my B-Square and a weaver I came up with .11"

Using the .11 figure, I computed the MOA of my three new rails as 105, 89 and 65 MOA. I also had Fenton open them up for #8 screws (as Kirby sends all my guns with #8's). The craftsmanship is superb. I'm going to order a 75 to round out my collection.

I plan to use these with my 5.5-22x56 NXS and 5-32x56 BR NF scopes (all with NP-R2). Given I have 10 MOA hold under, 25 MOA hold over (about 95 MOA and 50 MOA scope adjustment) - I should be able to (loan one of my guns to Kirby, uncleB or GG) get some long range hits.

A bug in the forum software prevents me from hot-linking the pics, but you can see the rails HERE

I think the ultimate optic solution is my 8-32x56 NF BR scope with 1/8 MOA turrets matched with the appropriate rail. At 2,000 yards, that's 2.5" per click in lieu of 5" for a standard 1/4 MOA.

BTW - right now I don't shoot PD at less than 800 yards /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Those rails sound great and are fairly priced but by the time you hve collected that entire spectrum of bases you could have purechased one of he infinately adjustable bases as described on Benchrest Cental forum. Overbore

[ QUOTE ]
by the time you hve collected that entire spectrum of bases you could have purechased one of he infinately adjustable bases as described on Benchrest Cental forum. Overbore

[/ QUOTE ]

Overbore - please post the URL. They don't seem to have search at BS central.

But I'd need 3 of them. I have 3 guns by Kirby capable of reaching out (and aways another gun in planning). For dedicated long range hardware, 40 MOA is not enough.

Notice the ultra low profile of my 105 MOA rail. Even at a agressive 105 slope my objective doesn't ding my barrel with the #8 contour Lilja.

I've perfected the two gun system (carry a light rifle, tote a long range hammer on my back pack). With 100 MOA scope adjustment + 10 MOA hold under - why get a base less than 60 MOA? (with my 2 gun system, why get a base with less than 90 MOA)?

Look good but I wonder how much objective clearance you will have with a heavy barrel. Obviously you will need high or super high rings with that big NF BR scope.

Just curious about that when you get them mounted on the rifle. Post pics of you can get them when you have them mounted up on some rifles.

Good Shooting!!

Kirby Allen(50)

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.