1017 yard group

Kevin87

Decided to try some long range shooting. Did some research (thank you LRH and the people that post the great info on this site) and bought a Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 sfp along with a Tikka T3 7mm mag. I chose the 168 Berger CH hybrids with H1000 which seems to work really well. Practiced 3, 4, 5, and 600 yards till I had it down, then stretched it out to 1017 on Sunday. I am very happy with this box stock gun so far!

1017 YARDS.jpg

Attachments

• 1017 YARDS.jpg
    1017 YARDS.jpg
    139.8 KB · Views: 66
That pic is rotated counterclockwise 90 degrees. There was an 8 mph wind left to right which I over corrected a tad, but being a Kentucky windage guy all my hunting life, going to target turrets and range cards almost feels like cheating it works so well.

I hear ya, sort of like the hunter that saddles up 300 horses in 1.5 seconds to ride to his favorite hunting grounds. What happened to the old days? Heck, if a hunter had to saddle up 300 Kentucky horses a day just to hunt, there wouldn't be any time left in a day to complain about anything.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.