$100K 1/2 MOA rifle?

I have a similar rifle (16.5lb) that I'm actually planning to hunt a 650 yard field I have access to this year. If I had to do it I'd probably grab this one right now.View attachment 456252View attachment 456253

How it shoots $1.20 a round factory norma lolView attachment 456254

Hell practicing on this rifle has made me reconsider dragging it up a mountain, I'm planning to do a ruck match with it for 3 days and 35 miles, why would I drag it through that to shoot steel and not take it to shoot an animal I care more about hitting well? Interesting idea.
Nice shooting rifle!! I'm really focusing on rifle weight and shootability lately. If I had a 600 yard max range, I can't imagine ever needing anything more than 9lbs. But for really stretching it out and seeing impacts, I'm enjoying some extra weight!

Lol I'm not that old lol. Only 54 but an office job DOES NOT help field conditioning.
Yep, that's what got us; seem to remember a time when lots of young kids got some 9 1/2 # rifles and did OK.

Heck, my wife's Remington VLS with Leupold Mark 4 and rings likely weighs close to 10 1/2-11 #, but she values recoil reduction and doesn't mind carrying the weight.

Brings up the question... do you go heavy to avoid (for lack of a better term) recoil or light, but you pay the recoil price when you pull the trigger???

A friend can shoot his 416 Rigby with full house loads just like shooting a 22. He just... somehow... let's his body rock with the recoil and he doesn't flinch. I wish I had that ability. If I'm practicing a fair amount then no problem to shoot about 40 shots from a 300 WM etc before I start pulling a bit. But no practicing and wow... I'm flinching after the first and I have to calm myself back into shooting without flinching.

Brings up the question... do you go heavy to avoid (for lack of a better term) recoil or light, but you pay the recoil price when you pull the trigger???

A friend can shoot his 416 Rigby with full house loads just like shooting a 22. He just... somehow... let's his body rock with the recoil and he doesn't flinch. I wish I had that ability. If I'm practicing a fair amount then no problem to shoot about 40 shots from a 300 WM etc before I start pulling a bit. But no practicing and wow... I'm flinching after the first and I have to calm myself back into shooting without flinching.
This is a learnable skill….Maybe not pleasant…but … Learnable.

Definitely learn able. I taught my friends daughter how to shoot and how to practice using 22, 243 and 300 mag.

She's 5'10" and 120 lbs soaking wet. Yet she shoots 1.25-1.5" groups out of her piece of crap remington 770 in 300 Win Mag. She can shoot better with her dad's or my guns but it was her first high power rifle that she bought and I tried to convince her to buy something decent but nope lol.