1000 yard shoot in Michigan this weekend

engineer40

I had no idea about this 1000 yard shooting event happening at Camp Grayling in Michigan this weekend.

http://www.michrpa.org/resources/Documents/2016 Matches/MRPA LR July 2016 match.pdf

Apparently it's open to the public multiple times a year?

Has anyone ever shot at this event?

Since I was unaware of this shooting event, does anyone know of more around Michigan that I may also not be aware of?

Thanks all! :)

I had no idea about this 1000 yard shooting event happening at Camp Grayling in Michigan this weekend.

http://www.michrpa.org/resources/Documents/2016 Matches/MRPA LR July 2016 match.pdf

Apparently it's open to the public multiple times a year?

Has anyone ever shot at this event?

Since I was unaware of this shooting event, does anyone know of more around Michigan that I may also not be aware of?

Thanks all! :)

That is a NRA High Power and F-Class match, I used to shoot there all of the time. I haven't gone recently since I have been busy with other types of shooting and projects. Not many 1000 yard ranges around, but there are a lot of 600 yard matches. Midland, Cadillac and Oscoda are a few that hold 600 yard matches. We (the Michigan FTR team) hold a 1000 yard match at MTC in lake city once a year too.

That is a NRA High Power and F-Class match, I used to shoot there all of the time. I haven't gone recently since I have been busy with other types of shooting and projects. Not many 1000 yard ranges around, but there are a lot of 600 yard matches. Midland, Cadillac and Oscoda are a few that hold 600 yard matches. We (the Michigan FTR team) hold a 1000 yard match at MTC in lake city once a year too.

Thanks Mitch. Do you need to be a member at MTC to shoot the match? I've been thinking about becoming a member there anyways. Just got to convince the wife. :)

I would also be interested in any information someone might have on any 600-1000yd shoots taking place in or near Michigan that are open to the public. I did a 600yd F-Class shoot once in Washtenaw and would like to do more shooting again sometime.

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.