300-400 Yard Hogs This Weekend

Misfire

A buddy and I was set up on a wheat field and I managed two hogs. The first was 346 yards and the second was 428 yards. Both were first round hits with my 7mag Sendero. I know this isn't long for some of you here but we had a blast.

We glassed some coyotes at @ 600 yards but they were on the ajoining property and wouldn't cross the fence onto our place so we didn't get any shots. I took the pic through my scope with a digital camera. (I know, I'm a redneck.)

My hunting buddy

Hog #1

Hog #2

Coyotes

Last edited:
thanks for the pics, and good shooting.

you should have gotten on the cell and called the neighbors and asked to shoot, that would have been a fun shot!

thanks again

Thanks for the positive responses.

I'm hunting in Texas.
-The caliber is a plain vanilla Rem 7mm mag and the load is a 150gr Bal Tip, 63.4gr IMR4831, CCI magnum primer, once fired brass trimmed to 2.495" and overall length of 3.430". I got my "pet" load from shooting the "ladder" at 300 yards.
-The scope is a Leupold 3.5X10 Mark 4 with Leupold QRW bases and rings.

Thanks for sharing. Good hogs and good shooting. I thought that back drop looked awefully familiar. We spent Sunday through yesterday morning, out in the Mountian Home area. Great country for LR as well as good deer. Saw some nice ones just didn't get a shot off.

We got back to this side of the world in time for the evening hunt. I was set up in a similar situation along side of the flood levee which runs through my friends property. I had 538yds one way and 380'ish straight out. The only problem was the cotton farmer was picking, and pushing things out of the cotton field. I saw several big shooter hogs, but they were busting that pasture with the after burners on. I will be back on Friday, to hopefully stretch the legs of the .270 A.M. out some.

We have a small lease just North of Jacksboro. We are landlocked on two sides with a two hundred acre wheat field running North and South. We'll be back at it this weekend. I bought a better tripod so maybe we can get some video. Good luck!

Misfire

How do the 150 BTs work generaly on game. Have you chronied them? I'm working up a load for my 280 and they shoot best so far. They shoot around 3000fps for me. I'm wondering how they do at an impact speed around 2800 or so. That's around 100yds for me, I'd guess 200 or better for you. capt david /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts