100 yd zero hitting high at 200 yd

I lied, I thought of another way to explain it.

Same rifle, same vice. You put a 4' level on your barrel and level it. Pull the trigger.

The bullet will be lower than your barrel at every point from 1" from the barrel until it impacts the earth. It will be dropping constantly from the instant it leaves the barrel
Dropping relative to a line projected from the bore...yes. Climbing relative to the ground (assuming flat ground) until it reaches its apex of flight. Semantics, yes. Insulting the knowledge base of this forum...well, your just raised your skirt and I see the color of your panties.

You wanna step into the ring with me too here Skippy?

I'm you're huckleberry. Do you have anything useful to say here,or do you just want my attention? You quoted two of my posts and said nothing. Maybe you just like having your face drug across the proverbial parking lot. Well, let us begin.
I take that back, I now see that you quoted 4 of my posts and said nothing. Is it a man crush then? You into me? The only statement you made was about flight in relation to the ground, thereby proving that you also have no idea what is happening here.

I thought you said you were leaving. I guess you don't seem to understand that phase also.

Against my better judgement, I'll add some basic facts. Bullets operate on an arc (MOA is minute of arc in mathematics). In the practical sense they never shoot perfectly flat or laser straight due to gravity and loss of speed. In order for them to "climb", there would need to be an outside influence like a strong updraft. The bullet in and of itself doesn't have to ability or potential to gain elevation... which is why it needs to be aimed up/higher than the line of sight. A bullet can only cross the line of sight a maximum of 2 times(without outside influence like a ricochet).
The only possibilities that could cause the OPs situation(assuming no mechanical issues... which we know would be a bad assumption) is:

🔹super high line of sight relative to the bore
🔹no gravity
Not sure a strong twist rate with a strong wind coming perpendicular could make it "climb" like it did in the OPs situation.

I didn't read all the way through, but I was wondering if anybody brought up the possibility that the rifle is actually sighted in to hit the target at say 400 yards?? It was dead on at 100 when he shot it, and but that was where the bullet first crossed the line of sight, and it was continuing to rise to the top of the trajectory arc, thus making it hit high at 200. If he would have shot a target at 400, the bullet would have crossed the line of sight there (making it zeroed at 400). I can't offer any other explanation.

edited***** Disregard my reply. I must have been typing it when Archer357 decided to inform us of his loose screw discovery.
In your scenario, ring height would have to be 9" high. Person would have to do some searching for the perfect cartridge to fit into your 100-400 zero parameter with standard height rings.
300.jpg

Here would be a standard 2" high ring setup.
300-1.jpg

Hecouldhitalltheway was right throughout this post. His delivery system lacked some finesse once agitated, lol
Problem with posts like these, an OP thinks he has some phenomenon going on. We all know it is not possible with a normal equipment setup but we are off to the races to solve the puzzle.
These things always resort back to something simple and in my opinion, the OP could have solved this the same day by going back to 100 to verify zero, then back to 200. and at some point realizing he did not have a true zero.

Thanks Milo2, I didn't try to run anything through any ballistics program, I was just trying to picture in my mind how things would have to be in order to get the results he posted. I realize I wasn't even close.

Thanks Milo2, I didn't try to run anything through any ballistics program, I was just trying to picture in my mind how things would have to be in order to get the results he posted. I realize I wasn't even close.
All good, we as people want to help, and bypass the obvious. Not making fun of anyone here, we all tried.
At times, it seems like if an issue arises, if just one person says if jupiter, saturn, and mars could align and pluto be reinstated as a planet, this is possible, now the wheels turn.
This all started when one dementia patient claimed he can unify, lol

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.