100 yd zero hitting high at 200 yd

PastelRipeFeline-small.gif

Yeah I read it, Did you read mine ? Does the word Trajectory mean anything to you, I understand the point your trying to make but the bullet still does not climb,
The trajectory arc by definition is the bullet transcribing a path that "moves above the earth" or "elevates above the earth prior to then descending" or "Moves above the line of sight" or "goes up before it falls". The bullet better CLIMB above the earth before it gets to the target otherwise it will never hit what you aim at. Climb, rise, move above or elevate above the earth or line of the sight purely describes what the bullet must do to get downrange. The bullet climbing above the earth is factual and no way implies and lifting force physical or magical built into the bullet itself. The bullet drops away from the line of the bore and climbs above the ground.

The trajectory arc by definition is the bullet transcribing a path that "moves above the earth" or "elevates above the earth prior to then descending" or "Moves above the line of sight" or "goes up before it falls". The bullet better CLIMB above the earth before it gets to the target otherwise it will never hit what you aim at. Climb, rise, move above or elevate above the earth or line of the sight purely describes what the bullet must do to get downrange. The bullet climbing above the earth is factual and no way implies and lifting force physical or magical built into the bullet itself. The bullet drops away from the line of the bore and climbs above the ground.
I agree 100% , My problem is as we have seen in earlier posts in this thread is saying that a bullet " Climbs or Rises" give the illusion that bullet " Climbs or Rises " on its own gives a false impression that it seems a lot of folks still believe

I agree 100% , My problem is as we have seen in earlier posts in this thread is saying that a bullet " Climbs or Rises" give the illusion that bullet " Climbs or Rises " on its own gives a false impression that it seems a lot of folks still believe
Most of this thread seems to have been an argument around semantics and reference points. Those who said that a bullet will never rise/climb/soar above the line of the bore, are correct. Those who argue that once it leaves the line of the bore, a bullet is acted upon by gravity and will always and continuously drop from the line of the bore, are correct. Those who said that the bullet will rise/climb/soar above the "flat" plane of the earth only to descend on an arc, are correct. Those who argue that the bullet trajectory rises above the line of sight only to recross the line of sight on a downward path, are correct. Those who argue that physics scarcely allow the OP's scenario without some sort or mechanical change/deviation, seem to be correct. What have we accomplished in the end?

Most of this thread seems to have been an argument around semantics and reference points. Those who said that a bullet will never rise/climb/soar above the line of the bore, are correct. Those who argue that once it leaves the line of the bore, a bullet is acted upon by gravity and will always and continuously drop from the line of the bore, are correct. Those who said that the bullet will rise/climb/soar above the "flat" plane of the earth only to descend on an arc, are correct. Those who argue that the bullet trajectory rises above the line of sight only to recross the line of sight on a downward path, are correct. Those who argue that physics scarcely allow the OP's scenario without some sort or mechanical change/deviation, seem to be correct. What have we accomplished in the end?
Dumpster.gif

140 posts to argue the definition of "climb". Both sides were right in the description of what happens when a bullet leaves the barrel. One used the word "climb" one uses the phrase "flies in an upward trajectory." Ridiculous. Time for me to sign off for a while... take care everyone.

I'm curious why you are concerned about what term a guy uses to talk about his trajectory? I sure don't want to see any of these term specific guys misusing "I" and "me" incorrectly.

Bloviators had a chance to bloviate.

If I was Len, I'd waste about 5 minutes of my life removing useless posts in this thread where people either don't know what they are talking about, are just arguing to hear the sound of their own voice, or just continually reiterating their take on the conversation, again and again, and again, and again.

In the event that you just found this post, there are at least 50 versions of cliff notes available here for your reading pleasure, and there will be a new one added hourly.

I'm curious why you are concerned about what term a guy uses to talk about his trajectory? I sure don't want to see any of these term specific guys misusing "I" and "me" incorrectly.
No offense intended but For as educated as you seem to be I would think that you would want to make sure you personally weren't misleading anyone into thinking that a bullet "rises" as there are a ton of new impressionable shooters here as of late, Obviously I was mistaken, Carry On

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.