• 22-250 AI

Votes: 26 43.3%
  • 22 creedmoor

Votes: 30 50.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 6.7%

• Total voters
http://www.singleactions.com/224Clark.html

A little too long-basically the Clark is the .257 case improved a little. Author claims 3600 fps with the 90 grain Berger.

The TTH being a 6mm Remington necked to .224
I remember his shop well. Every time we passed it on the hwy, I wanted to go in. lol small world! I have killed many a big Hog with that rifle and my Uncle killed many a mule deer with it. he Died when I was younger and I didnt have the money at the time to buy his rifles , I sure wish I could find them now.

FYI, Alpha Munitions will soon be producing head stamped 22 Creedmoor brass if they aren't already. It's been tested by a couple/few discerning folks over at 24HR Campfire with very positive results.

With a 7 twist I would do a 22-243, no doubt about it. Lapua brass, quick and easy neck down and load, super accurate and fast!

FYI, Alpha Munitions will soon be producing head stamped 22 Creedmoor brass if they aren't already. It's been tested by a couple/few discerning folks over at 24HR Campfire with very positive results.
They do make it now but out of stock. 2-3 week wait time

With a 7 twist I would do a 22-243, no doubt about it. Lapua brass, quick and easy neck down and load, super accurate and fast!
Unless your shooting 90s, a 7 isn't necessary with a very fast 224. Churning up many more RPMs than needed and burning the throat much faster than an 8 or even a 9 would do it. 75s will run fine in a 9 and 80s in an 8 twist. Having a 7 already will work but at a much faster burnout rate.

SWEET looking rifle!!! I'm tagging in here because I'm looking for the next .224 Wizz-Bang for myself. . .I gotta have a long neck though - .300" range. A .224/6SLR is currently in my visions. I have read here on LRH and other sights, of guys using 22-250 Lapua brass to make their 22 Creedmore cases. . .so there can't be "too much" variance in the two.

Not what you asked about, but have you looked into a 22-284? I had one with a 8 twist and it shot the 80 gr Bergers really good. Velocity was 3550-3600 fps with R25 and N570.

I stumbled across a rifle too interesting to pass at a gun show today. It was a Remington 700 in a McMillan game scout with ptg AICS magwell. It had been trued, tactical bolt handle and barreled by long rifles inc. It has a 26" 1-7 Schneider barrel chambered in 223 match. I couldn't pass it up.

As I looked at it I saw great potential for a fast twist 22-250. It seems to me the AICS magwell could be better filled with the bigger case. The 22-250 AI seemed like a no brainer.

I've seen a few things on the 22 creedmoor. It might be a more straight forward way to go. No fireforming and similar performance.

What are you guys running in fast twist 224. Planning on mostly shooting 75-90gr bullets.
What scope is that on it

I stumbled across a rifle too interesting to pass at a gun show today. It was a Remington 700 in a McMillan game scout with ptg AICS magwell. It had been trued, tactical bolt handle and barreled by long rifles inc. It has a 26" 1-7 Schneider barrel chambered in 223 match. I couldn't pass it up.

As I looked at it I saw great potential for a fast twist 22-250. It seems to me the AICS magwell could be better filled with the bigger case. The 22-250 AI seemed like a no brainer.

I've seen a few things on the 22 creedmoor. It might be a more straight forward way to go. No fireforming and similar performance.

What are you guys running in fast twist 224. Planning on mostly shooting 75-90gr bullets.
22 Creedmoor, 22-250 AI, 22-243 AI, 22-6mm, 22-284 all great speedsters. Can't go wrong with any of them for fast twist rockets with 75-80s.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.